SEWAC’s Mission is to empower needy children and communities to break the Vicious Cycle of Poverty where poverty spawns problems of malnourishment and mortality while lack of education ensures children follow in their parents’ footsteps scraping a daily existence as manual labor or ragpickers. We believe the best way is by equipping the needy with health, education and employable skills so they attain socio-economic independence and become responsible citizens of society. Our several projects in Health, Education and Community Development are inter-related and together provide a once-forgotten child or community a comprehensive road from poverty to prosperity.
Key Features of the Program:
- Admission to anyone who can read and write with no formal education.
- Focus on hands on vocational training (70% practical & 30% theory).
- Soch Ka Parivartan (SKP) – a proprietary program for attitudinal change and life skills such as decision making, time management, money management, values & perception, health & hygiene, work readiness etc.
- Enabling courses in English Speaking and Basic Computer
- Community Engagement, Counselling and Mentoring.
- Job placements and assistance for self-employment.
- We adopt a holistic approach of enhancing the less fortunate youth with vocational skills, guidance, counselling and financial assistance.
- Annually, we empower more than 4,000 youth of which over 60% are gainfully employed including those that take a bigger leap of becoming an entrepreneur.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojna (PMKVY)
Social and community mobilisation is extremely critical for the success of PMKVY. It shall conduct Kaushal and Rozgar Melas every six months with press/media coverage; they are also required to participate actively in National Career Service Melas and on-ground activities.
Maulana Azad Educational Foundation
Retail Sales Program
Contrary to what most people believe, there’s much more to being a makeup artist than knowing how to apply makeup really well. If you have dreams of making it to the very top in this career path, a good first step would be acquiring makeup artist certification though a reputed makeup school or agency.
There are many engineering careers in the hardware field that are financially rewarding as well as lucrative. The computer engineer is of prime importance as he is responsible for maintaining and building every tiny aspect of the computer from the circuit board to the processing of the computer.
Basic Computer Course
- Basic Fundamentals of Computer
- Microsoft Word & Powerpoint
- Microsoft Excel
- Adobe Acrobat DC
Advance Computer Course
- Adobe Photoshop
- CorelDraw Graphics Suite
- Internet Research & Online Learning Skills
Helping Children All Over the Country
It is estimated that by 2020 around 500 million people in our country will reach working age, which will be the largest in the world. At the same time, looking at the current scenario where more than 80% of youth in the country have not completed school, it can be inferred that these youth, unless given vocational skills, will neither have enough competency to work as skilled labour to meet the growing needs of various industries, nor will they work for long as casual labour.
As one of the well known NGOs in the livelihood space in India that works for the children and youth, we strongly believe that the nation’s strength and future lies in the hands of its children and youth. In India less than 5% undergo vocational training in our country despite the fact that India is a country with the largest youth population.
More than 10,000 children provided education so far
- 4000 children were provided education during the year and there was an overall increase of 25% from last year in enrollment at Mission Education centers.
- 60% of the total beneficiaries were girls. Education of girls gets priority by bringing about an attitudinal change in the parents’ outlook towards their education.
Get in Touch. Get Involved.
SEWAC Foundation is an NGO in India directly benefitting over 4,000 children and families through more than 6 welfare projects in education,health, livelihood and woman.